Monday, July 27, 2015

Mardi Gras

Every year there's a summer festival called Funfest here in Kingsport and every year it starts out on a Friday wuth Mardi Gras... don't ask why fat Tuesday is on a Friday in July I don't know.  What I do know is that the kids love collecting Mardi Gras beads, playing at the inflatables downtown and watching the funfest parade. L-bug was in the parade this year so she was doubly excited.

 We decided we needed masks for Mardi Gras. Sadly the weather was in the upper 90s so the masks got dropped pretty quickly.

Around the city are beautifully decorated pianos, so of course the girls wanted to stop at each one to take pictures. I won't include all the pictures, but just image seven or eight more pictures similar to this one.

Every year the girls stop at this old empty phone booth for a picture.  L-bug is getting too fall to be in a picture with the other two and had to duck down for me.

Random pictures while stopping on a bench for drinks.  We don't drink pop very often so it was a special treat. As were the snocones we had later.

This is Festus, he's the mascot of Funfest. Ro-bear, however, was not very impressed and refused to get close enough for a picture.

The girls with Sparky the fire dog.

L-bug and her friend D went a few rounds on this inflatable.  I believe they came out even in the end on who knocked who over the most. They had a blast hitting each other off a little platform.

Here's L-bug on her gym's float.  She's the one with her arms up in the air.  We didn't realize how big her gym's float was, it was roughly four cars long plus walkers... so here comes the first car, hm, anyone see L-bug. Second car, maybe she's is on the other side... Third, we must have missed her. Then we here, MOM I'm on this one. Look and there's a fourth car full of kids and L-bug's got her arms up in the air so we can find her.  She had such a blast. Two girls from her ballet class are on there as well, but honestly I can't pick them out from this picture.

Daddy went to pick up L-bug from the drop off site and brought her back to watch the end of the parade with us.  There was probably another hour after she got back... over two hour long parade. By the time it was over I was beat and ready for bed. We were going strong from 10-10 pretty much.  It was fun though and we all had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment