Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

Fall Break

Against my better judgment, we ended up taking a fall break alongside the public schools in the area.  We spent the week relaxing and cleaning house.  I was completely thrown off the cleaning schedule I created last week, but in a good way.  We worked through the living room, kitchen, hall and bathroom over the course of the week.  Now, we didn't declutter as much as I would like.  I feel like we did more of a deep clean than a purge, but the house is looking nicer and I'm not spending as much time each day picking up in the rooms we hit.  Because of that I'm happy and not complaining yet.  Since school has to resume next week I'll go back to the original plan of one wall a day then floor and maintaining are the rest of the week.  This weekend I'm going to take a break and just maintain what we worked so hard on all week.

While most of our activities were called off because of fall break, we did still have lego club.  The kids were asked to make their favorite thing about Halloween in a mosaic style lego piece. 
 Icy made a cat face.
 Boo made a piece of candy, but then decided it looked like a spider, so it is a candy spider.
Robear made a zombie trick or treating.  Sorry its sideways, the zombie is in the top left corner.
 
We also had some fun with the cats this week. We only got a picture of Tammy in the sombrero this week, but she's so funny.  She'd stay very still, then jerk and the hat would flop down and she couldn't see.  Then we had to rescue her before she freaked out.  Poor old girl.  She's a good sport though. 
 
We're finishing up Icy's Halloween costume this weekend as well. I feel like I'm cutting it close, but really there's not much left.  She's going as Evee the pokemon if I didn't mention that last week.  We tried using yarn and brushing it out as her tail.  That process took virtually forever and I was not enjoying working on the project at all.  We sat back and thought about it and decided to make a felt tail. I'm loving the way it is turning out. I'm sewing it by hand though so I have a bit to go.  I think her costume will be adorable.
 
Are you still working on costumes?  I hope you're almost done if you are.  I hope you're enjoying this fall and the beautiful weather.  I'm glad you stopped in for a visit and I hope to see you back again next week.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment